Our mission is to reinvent cities with tech-connected neighborhoods infusing Play and Invention to increase the economic mobility of parents.
Parents control the growth of current and future generations, simultaneously. Uplift, Inc. analyzes interdisciplinary connections to invent solutions to cure social issues connected to poverty.
Upward economic mobility of parents improves every business today and tomorrow
is an overlooked but effective economic development, learning, management,
strategic and training tool
Play is a
process that provides:
- Anticipation - expectation, wonder,
curiosity, anxiety, uncertainty, risk.
- Surprise - a-ha moments, discovery, a new
sensation or idea, or shifting perspective
- Pleasure - it feels
- Understanding - new knowledge, application
- Strength - empowerment, confidence, new skills
- Poise - grace, contentment, composure, and sense of
balance in life/school
Parents naturally want to play with their children. Serious content can be combined with play. Participants will play and learn the content quickly without realizing they are being trained or developed. Play can change the culture and mindsets of participants in any institution, public or private. Even the difficult to change educational
systems can be changed with play if it introduced into the curriculum lineup.
Check out our track
Harper Woods Middle/ High
Adventure Summer Camp refined at Harper Woods High Summer
Adventure Summer Camp piloted at Harper Woods High Summer 2012
- Increased MEAP Math proficiency scores 2013 by 33.5%.
- Increased MEAP Math proficiency scores 2012 by 31.47%.
John R. King Performing Arts
- Increased MEAP Math proficiency scores 2013 by 225%.
- Increased MEAP Science proficiency scores 2013 by 181%.
- Increased MEAP Math proficiency scores 2012 by 300%.
School of Arts
- Increased MME Math proficiency scores 2008 by
- Increased MME Science proficiency scores 2008 by
Hustle & TECHknow
Preparatory High School (H&T)
this cyber school in 2006 for high school dropouts/ adjudicated youth in the Compuware
- Compiled Reading class that moved student collective Lexile
reading levels 3.6 grades from 4.2 to 7.8
- Recruited 600 students for 93 slots at contract
three quarter finalists out of 79 to the National Vocabulary
graduation rate, 100% post-secondary matriculation
Educational Program of the Year 2007, Automation Alley; First Wayne County
school to win award
Duke Ellington Conservatory of Music
- Increased MEAP Middle School Reading proficiency scores 2005 by
- Increased MEAP Middle School Math MEAP proficiency scores 2006
MEAP Math proficiency scores by 2003 by 76.72%
- Increased MEAP Reading proficiency scores 2003 by
Family Fun Nights
- Implemented fun
academic activities in 60 schools
Our work evolves around play and technology as innovation is
changing the world every 5-7 years. Corporate America is complaining about the lack of skills deeming schools failures. The 13 year lengthy process of cumulative learning in schools to prepare children and their parents for the future world is not working.
However in the 21st century the new product is
intellectual property, all in the brain. Play accelerates
intellectual property, the automation its creates, the manufacturing and
information technology it powers.
Join the Tech Parent Revolution with Us.
Come Play with us. Become a Partner. Become a Donor.